Friday, December 11, 2009

Pale Fie: the meaning behind the art

So this one was one of the ones where I started off with an idea and I slowly began to realize that I would not be able to express what was going on in my mind, but that didn't meant I wasn't going to try. so the different elements that are going on here stars with the fact that half the image is underneath a piece of glass, and half them are on the surface of the glass. i guess this was my interpretation of not only the reflection that Shade mentions, but also of the way I see Nabokov writing, let me explain...so while the written text is clearly present to be seen by any and all who want to look at it, there are so many things that are going on underneath, and while a person's initial reaction is to look on the surface and find those images interesting, they must not forget how much is going on underneath. And to push that thought even more, at least for our class there is another element that exist beyond the surface, and what it is hidden underneath...it is the reflection of the glass that also holds a story, and I think Nabokov has shown our class that that is very much the case, because even when you think you've got it there is still so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment